Software Engineering Manager, Frontend
AI is rapidly changing the world. From processing job applications and credit decisions, to making content recommendations and helping researchers analyze genetic markers at scale -- many aspects of our daily lives are touched by machine learned systems in some way.
Arize is the leading machine learning observability platform to help ML teams discover issues, diagnose problems, and improve the results of machine learning models. In short: we are here to build world class software that helps make AI work better.
Our Frontend and Fullstack engineering teams are responsible for building highly robust, yet seamless features, to Arize AI’s main product offering. These teams bring complex ML workflows to life by allowing a variety of clients / end users to interpret, visualize, and monitor the performance of their AI and ML models post production. Our Frontend and Fullstack Engineers are tasked with creating easy-to-use data visualization and observability experiences, in close collaboration with our Product, Design, and Platform Engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
- Drive impact by leading your teams to deliver results with sustainable engineering practices.
- Own project planning and execution of multiple UI features and releases.
- Lead and drive the development of our domain / object models, and work with our analytical data stores to create critical MLOps functionality.
- Lead and grow a team of high performing engineers, while helping to grow their craft through hands-on experience, mentorship, and feedback.
- Collaborate with Eng, Product and Design leadership to create and own the long-term frontend roadmap and deliverables of the team.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience with a solid track record of mentoring junior and senior engineers.
- 5+ years of frontend experience working on external user-facing UI’s.
- Experience working with multiple frontend frameworks - React preferred.
- Experience building responsive web designs using CSS, HTML.
- Experience using GraphQL or other comparable API technology.
- Passion for creating beautiful UX design with the end user in mind.
Bonus Points, But Not Required
- Experience working with ML, analytics, data science or data visualization products.
- Previous experience working in startup or pre-IPO environment.
More About Arize
Arize’s mission is to make the world’s AI work and work for the people. Our founders came together through a common frustration: investments in AI are growing rapidly across businesses and organizations of all types, yet it is incredibly difficult to understand why a machine learning model behaves the way it does after it is deployed into the real world.
Learn more about Arize in an interview with our founders: https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickdaso/2020/09/01/arize-ai-helps-us-understand-how-ai-works/#322488d7753c
Diversity & Inclusion @ Arize
Our company's mission is to make AI work and make AI work for the people, we hope to make an impact in bias industry-wide and that's a big motivator for people who work here. We actively hope that individuals contribute to a good culture
- Regularly have chats with industry experts, researchers, and ethicists across the ecosystem to advance the use of responsible AI
- Culturally conscious events such as LGBTQ trivia during pride month
- We have an active Lady Arizers subgroup