AI is rapidly changing the world. From processing job applications and credit decisions, to making content recommendations and helping researchers analyze genetic markers at scale -- many aspects of our daily lives are touched by machine learned systems in some way.
Arize is the leading machine learning observability platform to help ML teams discover issues, diagnose problems, and improve the results of machine learning models. In short: we are here to build world class software that helps make AI work better.
Our engineering team builds systems that interact with some of the most complex software ever deployed in production. The team is composed of industry veterans that have built deep learning infrastructure, autonomous drones, ridesharing marketplaces, ad tech and much more. We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join the good fight and get this product in the hands of every Machine Learning organization.
You'll work side-by-side with our Account Executives to articulate the Arize value and overall strategy to differentiate the platform throughout the sales process and drive POCs from requirements gathering to close. The activities performed by a Sales Engineer are diverse - one day you might be assisting with a high-level pitch of Arize to a CDO, and the next day you might be working hands-on to develop a small proof of concept.
What You’ll Do
You are the trusted advisor to the customer:
- Build relationships with technical stakeholders
- Lead product demonstrations of the Arize platform
- Lead discovery to understand prospect’s ML stack to collaborate with the Sales team to construct a compelling value proposition of the Arize Platform
- Handle technical objections and develop strategies across sales, engineering, and product to unblock them
Act as a Domain Expert within AI/ML:
- Write educational and compelling blog posts about ML and MLOps related topics
- Collaborate to create and enhance documentation, recorded video assets and other publically available as well as internal enablement materials
- Engage in relevant ML communities online to raise awareness on challenges of deploying ML in production
What We’re Looking For
Strong Communication Skills:
- You can empathize with the frame of reference of who you are communicating with and tailor your message and approach accordingly.
- Ability to simplify complex, technical concepts
A quick and self learner:
- You are undaunted by the technical complexity of production ML deployments and welcome the challenge to learn about them and develop your own POV.
- You ask the right questions with the customer to uncover nuances in their unique deployments.
- Ability to work within ambiguity and take action with limited direction
Knowledgeable in Machine Learning:
- You may not have a PhD in ML but you know the difference between Linear Regression and Boosted Trees and the advantages / disadvantages of each.
- You have some experience training models in common packages such as scikit-learn, HuggingFace, fastai, and etc.
5+ years within customer facing role:
- Pre-sales, technical account management, or consulting experience
- Worked customers within the high enterprise (e.g. Fortune 500, etc)
Bonus Points, But Not Required
- Previous experience working across and aligning Sales, Product, and Engineering
- Previous experience within a team that underwent a high growth stage
- Previous engineering experience in: Data Engineering, MLOps, Kubernetes, GCP / AWS / Azure
More About Arize
Arize’s mission is to make the world’s AI work and work for the people. Our founders came together through a common frustration: investments in AI are growing rapidly across businesses and organizations of all types, yet it is incredibly difficult to understand why a machine learning model behaves the way it does after it is deployed into the real world.
Learn more about Arize in an interview with our founders: https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickdaso/2020/09/01/arize-ai-helps-us-understand-how-ai-works/#322488d7753c
Diversity & Inclusion @ Arize
Our company's mission is to make AI work and make AI work for the people, we hope to make an impact in bias industry-wide and that's a big motivator for people who work here. We actively hope that individuals contribute to a good culture
- Regularly have chats with industry experts, researchers, and ethicists across the ecosystem to advance the use of responsible AI
- Culturally conscious events such as LGBTQ trivia during pride month
- We have an active Lady Arizers subgroup