Customer Success Engineer
AI is rapidly changing the world. From processing job applications and credit decisions, to making content recommendations and helping researchers analyze genetic markers at scale -- many aspects of our daily lives are touched by machine learned systems in some way.
Arize is the leading machine learning observability platform to help ML teams discover issues, diagnose problems, and improve the results of machine learning models. In short: we are here to build world class software that helps make AI work better.
Our engineering team builds systems that interact with some of the most complex software ever deployed in production. The team is composed of industry veterans that have built deep learning infrastructure, autonomous drones, ridesharing marketplaces, ad tech and much more.
We are looking for a client-obsessed Client Success Engineer with entrepreneurial tendencies to join the good fight and help build out our Client Success organization. You’ll be the trusted technical advisors for our customers, driving business value, offering advice, and growing accounts. You’ll accomplish this by leading customers to solutions oftentimes by teaching the product to new users or consulting on best practices. You must be ready for technical discussions with data scientists and engineers, then demonstrate the value of Arize in business discussions with directors and executives. The goal is to enable our customers to become successful and enthusiastic about Arize.
What You’ll Do
- You are the trusted advisor to the customer
- Build relationships with technical stakeholders
- Regularly engage by presenting product roadmaps and QBRs
- Managing escalations
- Conducting regular status calls
- Learn and become an Arize AI expert
- Assist customers with onboarding and latest features
- Grow Accounts
- Strategize and identify new use cases to grow accounts
- Find areas where Arize can provide the most value that will drive renewals and new opportunities
- Engage with the product team to drive customer requests and influence our roadmap
- Work with our application engineering team to ensure that customer escalations are resolved
What We’re Looking For
- Strong Communication Skills
- You can empathize with the frame of reference of who you are communicating with and tailor your message and approach accordingly.
- Ability to simplify complex, technical concepts.
- A quick and self learner
- You are undaunted by the technical complexity of production ML deployments and welcome the challenge to learn about them and develop your own POV.
- You ask the right questions with the customer to uncover nuances in their unique model and business needs.
- Ability to work within ambiguity and take action with limited direction
- Knowledgeable in Machine Learning
- You may not have a PhD in ML but you know the difference between Linear Regression and Boosted Trees and the advantages / disadvantages of each.
- You have some experience training models in common packages such as scikit-learn, HuggingFace, fastai, and etc.
- 2+ years within customer facing role -- e.g. technical account management, or consulting role
- Proficiency in Python
Bonus Points, But Not Required
- Previous engineering experience in
- Data Science
- ML Frameworks
More About Arize
Arize’s mission is to make the world’s AI work and work for the people. Our founders came together through a common frustration: investments in AI are growing rapidly across businesses and organizations of all types, yet it is incredibly difficult to understand why a machine learning model behaves the way it does after it is deployed into the real world.
Learn more about Arize in an interview with our founders: https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickdaso/2020/09/01/arize-ai-helps-us-understand-how-ai-works/#322488d7753c
Diversity & Inclusion @ Arize
Our company's mission is to make AI work and make AI work for the people, we hope to make an impact in bias industry-wide and that's a big motivator for people who work here. We actively hope that individuals contribute to a good culture
- Regularly have chats with industry experts, researchers, and ethicists across the ecosystem to advance the use of responsible AI
- Culturally conscious events such as LGBTQ trivia during pride month
- We have an active Lady Arizers subgroup