About the job
AI is rapidly changing the world. From processing job applications and credit decisions, to making content recommendations and helping researchers analyze genetic markers at scale -- many aspects of our daily lives are touched by machine learned systems in some way.
Arize is the leading machine learning observability platform to help ML teams discover issues, diagnose problems, and improve the results of machine learning models. In short: we are here to build world class software that helps make AI work better.
Our Application Engineering team helps build customer specific software solutions for generating data, troubleshooting data, customer specific ML models, and helps build out custom visualizations. This team sits next to our core development and solutions engineering org in order to work with our external teams on customer specific projects. This team provides an exciting opportunity for junior software engineers, or those with a Math/Science background, who are looking to develop their careers and transition into a core software development position!
If you want to work in a high velocity, no ego environment -- this is the place for you! If you are someone who wants to have total ownership over your work and be challenged to take yourself to the next level -- we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
In this dynamic role, you may go from debugging subtle issues in an open source library, to hopping on a customer call to better understand their workflows; all without missing a beat! Other responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support where need be.
- Improving our existing software.
- Debugging, testing and developing applications while also collaborating with our core engineering team.
- Assessing, and leading customer technical integrations onto the Arize Platform.
- Becoming a power user of the Arize Platform and SDK.
- Writing and creating documentation and tutorials for newly released features.
- Working with several open source languages and associated technologies, such as: python, pandas, scikit-learn, postgres, OLAP databases, GCP, and other services.
What We're Looking For
- Experience with debugging, testing, code improvement and re-designing tasks.
- Ability to build data visualizations using any tool provided.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with technical customers.
- Ownership, accountability, and the hustle to figure things out.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Data Science and SQL, is a plus!
More About Arize
Arize’s mission is to make the world’s AI work and work for the people. Our founders came together through a common frustration: investments in AI are growing rapidly across businesses and organizations of all types, yet it is incredibly difficult to understand why a machine learning model behaves the way it does after it is deployed into the real world.
Learn more about Arize in an interview with our founders: https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickdaso/2020/09/01/arize-ai-helps-us-understand-how-ai-works/#322488d7753c
Diversity & Inclusion @ Arize
Our company's mission is to make AI work and make AI work for the people, we hope to make an impact in bias industry-wide and that's a big motivator for people who work here. We actively hope that individuals contribute to a good culture
- Regularly have chats with industry experts, researchers, and ethicists across the ecosystem to advance the use of responsible AI
- Culturally conscious events such as LGBTQ trivia during pride month
- We have an active Lady Arizers subgroup