ChatGPT and InstructGPT: Aligning Language Models to Human Intention
Introducing Deep Papers, a New Podcast from AI Pub and Arize AI
Deep Papers is a new podcast series featuring deep dives on today’s seminal AI papers and research. Hosted by AI Pub creator Brian Burns and Arize AI founders Jason Lopatecki and Aparna Dhinakaran, each episode profiles the people and techniques behind cutting-edge breakthroughs in machine learning.
About This Episode
In this first episode, we’re joined by Long Ouyang and Ryan Lowe, scientists at OpenAI and creators of InstructGPT. InstructGPT was one of the first major applications of reinforcement learning with human feedback to train large language models, and is the precursor to the now-famous ChatGPT. Listen to learn about the major ideas behind InstructGPT and the future of aligning language models to human intention.
- Read OpenAI’s InstructGPT paper
- Sign up for the Arize AI Slack community to ask the authors questions
- Follow OpenAI Research Scientist Long Ouyang on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Follow OpenAI Research Scientist Ryan Lowe on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Follow AI Pub on Twitter
- Learn more about Arize AI and signup for a free account